Steps in Research Process
Transcript by Jeremy Lineberry
This infographic shows the order of the steps in the research process. Research should go in the following order:
- Define the Problem
- Select a topic for research.
- Review the Literature
- Familiarize yourself with existing research on the topic.
- Select a Research Design
- Choose one or more research methods observation, equipment, or surveys.
- Formulate a Hypothesis
- What do you intend to test? What is the relationship among the variables?
- Carry Out the Research
- Collect your data and record information.
- Interpret Your Results
- Workout the implications of the data you collect.
- Report the Research Findings
- What is their significance? How do they relate to previous findings?
- Your findings are registered and discussed in the wider academic community, leading perhaps to the initiation of further research.