This is the post for the week of April 9, 2017.
Readings for the Week
Review this week’s reading for help with your Genre Analysis Report. These are not new readings, but they will help you with the organization activity listed below.
- Articles from the “Professional Business and Technical Writing” section of Writing Commons
- #FridayFact: Informative Headings Help Readers
- #WeekendWatch: Create Information-Rich Signposts
- Today’s Infographic (on the right)
Tasks for the Week
- By 11:59PM on Monday, April 9, submit your 04/06 Labor Log in Canvas, if you are using the grace period.
- By 11:59PM on Monday, April 9, submit your Progress Report in Canvas. If you are using the grace period, submit your progress report by 11:59PM on Thursday, April 12.
- Review the readings above and sketch out a table of contents (TOC) that covers the required sections of your report. Be sure that your TOC informs your readers about the report’s contents. Incorporate your TOC in your Genre Analysis Report draft.
Today’s infographic outlines some ways that you can write headlines, which can inform the way that you create information rich headings in your TOC.
- By 11:59PM on Friday, April 13, write your 04/13 Labor Log in Canvas. The grace period for your log entry ends at 11:59 PM on Monday, April 16.
- Be prepared to share a draft of your Genre Analysis Report with your writing group for peer review by 11:59PM on Wednesday, April 18.
Note: This infographic already has a transcript.