How to Beat Deadline Stress
Transcript by Marko Zoto
- (1) Break it down
- Break your project down to its smallest steps. Do the hardest tasks during your best hours, or start with a medium challenge that’ll warm you up for the big one, but leave the easiest for the end
- (2) Stop clock-checking
- Watching the clock jacks up panic. Take it off. Hide the clock on your computer or put a post-it note it on the monitor. Put away the smart phone – it’s a distraction anyway.
- (3) Tidy your desk
- Put away all distraction and place materials you might need by your side. It’ll be easier to find whatever you need and focus on the task at hand.
- (4) Take a break
- If you feel stuck with the big challenge, take a break. Or, continue being productive by taking a break and doing some of the easy tasks.
- (5) Sleep more
- Take a power nap and wake up energized to beat that deadline. Don’t make all-nighters a habit. Lack of sleep will eventually wear you down.
INFOGRAPHIC: AMIYA HALDER | SOURCE: WRIKE.COM